Need to apostille your document? We can do it for you.
Need an eCAR to transfer the shares of your corporation? We can process it for you.
Need to transfer the title of properties? We can manage it for you.

Main Content

Apostille your CENOMAR before getting married abroad

Apostille your CENOMAR before getting married abroad

If you plan to get married to a foreigner in his/her home country, most countries require a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (CLCCM) before one can file for a marriage license. The CLCCM is a certification that the Filipino applicant has no legal impediments and has the capacity to marry. The application for a CLCCM is done at the Philippine Embassy. Specifically for single Filipinos, one of the requirements for a CLCCM is a Philippine-issued CENOMAR with an Apostille certification

In this article, we will discuss how to obtain a CENOMAR and how to apostille the same.

What is a CENOMAR? A Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) is a certification which states that a person has never been married/has not yet contracted any marriage. It is issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). It is also known as Certificate of No Record of Marriage or Certificate of Singleness.

Note that a single person is different from an unmarried person. A single person is someone who has not yet contracted any marriage or someone whose marriage was annulled or declared void ab initio. On the other hand, an unmarried person is someone who has previous marriage and was divorced or widowed. PSA will only issue a CENOMAR to a single person. Do note that in cases of annulled or void ab initio marriages, the PSA will issue a Certificate of Singleness with annotation that you have a previous annulled or void ab initio marriage, whichever the case may be.

It is easy to request a CENOMAR from the PSA. You may do a walk-in application or an online application. For a walk-in application, you only need to go to the nearest PSA office and submit an accomplished CENOMAR form and present one government-issued ID. For an online application, just go, fill out the online application form, and pay the appropriate fees through their accredited payment channels.

After getting your CENOMAR, get its Apostille certification from the DFA. You only need to bring the following:

  • Original CENOMAR document issued by Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
  • For newly registered records, Local Civil Registrar (LCR) copy should be certified by PSA

Below is the general procedure for an Apostille application:

  • First, set up an appointment with the DFA CO branch of your choice. Note that with the COVID19 pandemics, Department of Foreign Affairs Consular Office (DFA CO) does not allow walk-ins.
  • Second, once your appointment is confirmed, you need to go to your chosen DFA branch. Fill out the Authentication Application Form, present your confirmed appointment letter to the Appointment Verification Counter, present your valid government-issued ID (original and photocopy), submit your documents, and pay at the cashier. Remember not to lose your official receipt.
  • Third, send an email to your chosen DFA branch to set an appointment before claiming your Apostille. Wait for the email instructions and the scheduled date of release. Afterwards, go back to the said DFA branch to pick up your document. You need to present the official receipt along with your valid government-issued ID.
  • Note that the CLCCM requirements vary per country. Contact the embassy of your foreign fiance’s home country for more information. Better yet, let FILEDOCSPHIL do the processing for you. Apostille Form for a free quote.

    Skip to content